UX DESIGNER, TAPROOT PLUS
Taproot Plus, Taproot Foundation’s online marketplace, directly delivers on our mission by connecting nonprofit professionals with passionate, skilled volunteers who gift their expertise pro bono via online, virtual engagements to support non-profits and social change organizations across the globe. Through Taproot Plus, business professionals deliver expertise and support in areas like marketing, strategy, HR, and IT strategy so that organizations are even more equipped to positively affect society.
We are looking for a talented, user-centered designer with a passion for advocating for the needs of Taproot Plus users through each phase of the design process. You will be responsible for user-research, concept ideation and design, prototyping, and presenting ideas to the team. You will work collaboratively with the Taproot Plus team of product managers, developers, content managers and customer support to explore and design solutions, hit milestones and reach goals.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States. Taproot Foundation has offices in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The UX Designer reports to the Director of Product.
- Lead design efforts across the entire product lifecycle from discovery to design optimization to refinement
- Generate ideas and prototype concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and team and product goals
- Execute hands-on design work across the customer experience, including web, email and beyond
- Conduct usability and user tests and develop design solutions to complex user problems
- Collaborate closely with product managers, developers and customer support teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new concepts
- Conduct user research through interviews, observations and other research methods
- Partner and communicate effectively with key stakeholders across the organization
- 3+ years professional experience designing web and mobile applications
- Experience conducting user research and analysis
- Proficiency with a variety of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to assess and prioritize against constraints
- A portfolio of UX/UI design that displays your strategy and process
- UX Design experience with knowledge of UX principles and how they apply across multiple digital platforms
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes
- Familiarity with Figma as the primary design tool
Base salary starting at $75,000 annually. Subject to adjustment based on factors such as geographic location