Taproot helps nonprofits and social change organizations solve critical challenges in their communities by connecting them with Marketing, Finance, HR, Technology, and other business professionals who volunteer their expertise pro bono. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to create customized pro bono programs that meet a company’s social impact and business goals.
Taproot Foundation seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager to join the fast-paced Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Team This is a critical role in helping to shape the story of Taproot and reinforce the mission and impact of our organization. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications.
The responsibilities and duties of the Marketing and Communications Manager consist of (but are not limited to):
• Develop and manage the Taproot digital and social strategy across all channels in support of all audiences. Develop message, creative and testing strategies to drive engagement and support the Taproot mission. Stay up to date with current social media best practices.
• Manage digital marketing plans, including SEO, display ads, retargeting, and geo-targeting as appropriate. Optimize spend based on performance metrics.
• Lead the development and re-imagination of Taproot events and convenings—thinking about new ways to bring people together and stimulate important conversations. Develop consistent processes and approaches as well as new innovative ideas.
o Develop brand and activation strategy for large industry events/conferences across broad audiences.
o Develop measurement strategy and on-site brand guidelines (if applicable) to reach all important audiences via live and virtual event programming.
• Manage press/media relations and communications on behalf of the Taproot Foundation. Bringing strong experience in media outreach, generating innovative and relevant media pitches, and bringing new ideas to a comprehensive public relations program.
• Develop metrics and KPI’s to measure your work in alignment with Taproot priorities. Bring a creative mindset to evaluating data and measuring impact.
• Liaison with key internal Taproot teams on behalf of the marketing team to ensure strong alignment and understanding of key priorities. Be able to confidently speak on behalf of marketing goals, priorities, and programs.
• You enjoy driving transformation and understand the role of brand and marketing in an evolving organization. You bring a desire to continue to evolve and innovate. You are a passionate marketer, strong communicator and are inspired by the Taproot mission.
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing or closely related field.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a national strategic marketing role with a focus on brand marketing, partnership management, consumer insights, and/or innovation. Nonprofit marketing experience a plus.
• Strong social media and digital expertise in a marketing role – bringing new and innovative ideas and ways to scale and drive efficiency.
• Deep media relations experience and general public relations best practices.
• Strong expertise in digital acquisition and retention best practices.
• Experience managing live and digital events and conferences and creating innovative ways for brand and experiential opportunities.
• Leadership and management experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team.
• Knowledge and familiarity with a range of social and economic justice issues and comfort level promoting its ideals.
• Knowledge of creative and content production workflows for integrated campaigns, including digital, social media, and events. Experience project managing initiatives/campaigns across departments a must.
• Ability to be strategic and flexible as new challenges arise
• Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office applications. Expert proficiency with using Excel to analyze data a plus.
• Strong written and verbal skills, as well as the ability to make complex policy proposals and concepts accessible and compelling to a variety of audiences.
• Taproot offers excellent benefits and a fun, challenging work environment
• This position can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or Remote
• Salary starting at $57,500 and may be adjusted to reflect geo-location of qualified candidates
• Taproot Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.