Digital & Social Media Manager
Taproot Foundation seeks a seasoned Digital & Social Media Manager to join the fast-paced Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Team. This is a critical role in helping to shape the story of Taproot and reinforce the mission and impact of our organization while growing and supporting the digital footprint. Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic marketing positions focusing on social media and digital marketing, and a strong understanding of social media. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications.
The responsibilities and duties of the Digital & Social Media Manager consist of (but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage Taproot's social media and digital strategy to drive engagement through platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Twitter while keeping up to date with the latest social media trends and best practices.
- Manage digital marketing plans, including SEO, display ads, retargeting, and geo-targeting as appropriate. Optimize spend based on performance metrics.
- Lead the development and re-imagination of Taproot events and convenings—thinking about new ways to bring people together and stimulate important conversations. Develop consistent processes and approaches as well as new innovative ideas.
- Develop brand and activation strategy for large industry events/conferences across broad audiences.
- Manage implementation details across the Taproot Organization
- Develop measurement strategy and on-site brand guidelines (if applicable) to reach all important audiences via live and virtual event programming.
- Manage press/media relations and communications on behalf of the Taproot Foundation. Bringing strong experience in media outreach, generating innovative and relevant media pitches, and bringing new ideas to a comprehensive public relations program.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure your work in alignment with Taproot priorities.
- You enjoy driving transformation and understand the role of brand and marketing in an evolving organization. You bring a desire to continue to evolve and innovate. You are a passionate marketer, a strong communicator, and inspired by the Taproot mission.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a national strategic marketing role with a focus on social media, digital marketing, public relations and/or events/conferences.
- Nonprofit marketing experience is a plus.
- A solid understanding of the social media universe, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter etc.
- Deep media relations experience and public relations best practices.
- Strong expertise in digital acquisition and retention best practices.
- Experience managing live and digital events and conferences and creating innovative ways for brand and experiential opportunities.
- Knowledge and familiarity with a range of social and economic justice issues and comfort level promoting its ideals.
- Knowledge of creative and content production workflows for integrated campaigns, including digital, social media, and events. Experience project managing initiatives/campaigns across departments a must.
- Ability to be strategic and flexible as new opportunities arise
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office applications. Expert proficiency with using Excel to analyze data a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills, as well as the ability to make complex policy proposals and concepts accessible and compelling to a variety of audiences.
- Taproot offers excellent benefits and a fun, challenging work environment
- Taproot Foundation offers a generous benefits program including medical, dental and vision, short- and long-term disability and a retirement savings program – 403 (b) including an employer match. Also, pretax spending accounts, life insurance and retirement savings program, and more than 70 hours of annual PTO.
- Taproot Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- This is a remote position with some travel required. Taproot is accepting applications from candidates based anywhere in the continental United States.
- Base salary starting at $65,000 annually. This sample starting salary is reflective of a position based in Colorado and would be subject to a locality adjustment
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.